Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
TDub
Administrator
TDub's Rig Specs

TDub is on a distinguished road
Default Western Digital 2TB Green Drive

Quote:
Being first at something doesn’t always make you the best. Western Digital released the world’s first 2TB hard drive. Sporting an eco friendly design, this drive is a new milestone in the storage world. So does Western Digital have what it takes to raise the storage bar and set a new precedent or will they fall flat on their face? TechwareLabs checks it out.
Link to review
Old 06-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
TDub
Administrator
TDub's Rig Specs

Default Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA HDD

Quote:
While Western Digital doesn't market the 1TB Green drive as a performance drive its actual performance might surprise you. Could this "Green" drive be your next high capacity performance drive at a reasonable cost? We think so, to find out why, read on....
Link to review
Old 06-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
TDub
Administrator
TDub's Rig Specs

Default Western Digital Caviar 2TB Green Drive

Quote:
I must say that having this much storage space on a single drive is quite appealing and my HTPC is an appreciative host for the WD 2TB Green hard drive. Now I can store even more massive quantities of movies and music, but in honesty I cannot wait until a 5TB drives becomes the standard, as believe it or not I could fill the drive with ease. I remember when a 2GB drive was a lot of storage space and now a 2TB drive, man the future is arriving faster than we think my friends. This is one aspect of the computer market that has steadily improved and advanced since the dawn of the PC, prices are down, storage capacity is up. I am glad to be able to be a part of the dusk of this industry, just think what we will be capable of if we don't destroy the planet first. WD is sorely committed to be part of the Green movement, and we are all better for it.
Link to review
Old 06-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
TDub
Administrator
TDub's Rig Specs

Default WD AV-GP 2TB Hard Drive

Quote:
Overall this drive tested very well and had the highest write times of all the drives tested in this review. Seek and read times I think are really the most important times to be concerned with, as that is what we are usually doing with the drive, seeking and retrieving information off of it. The WD AV-GP 2TB is very competitive within the realm it is trying to sell in and should be gobbled up by the consumer market. All things considered, the WD AV-GP 2TB ran, cool, quiet and efficient, as well as being performance savvy for a drive in this class. The 32Mb Cache Buffer makes a big improvement and it's a good thing WD added that additional 16Mb to this line, as it does show better read times than even the standard 10,000RPM Raptor. I give the new WD AV-GP 2TB Drive an Editor's Choice award as it's the highest capacity drive of its kind and is priced at about $249.00 on the web, which is not bad at all.
Link to review